• Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 26, 2011

Go Green! Go to a Yard Sale!

Do you know that here in the US, we produce one third of the worlds trash?

I feel like I'm performing an earth-friendly service by purchasing from yard sales vs. stores.  Why not get something for a quarter instead of paying full price for it at Homegoods or Walmart?  Especially if you have the ability of washing it, ta-da!!  Good as new!

I've always been a huge fan of yard sales, and great finds for great prices.  There are a few select items that I wouldn't purchase from a yard sale necessarily, but not many.  I'm planning a yard sale for Labor Day Weekend, so I'm super excited.

I have yard sale strategy.  I plan on putting my key items (sure to sell) in the front, making them visible to all who drive by.   

 I've even found a very handy "How to Host a Garage Sale" tips guide on Real Simple's website. 

I've purchased brand new items with tags still intact, everything from hiking bags to silverware holders to blankets.  Why the hell not?

Do both your wallet and the earth a service by stopping by next time you see a yard sale!  If it's washable then it's doable, and haggle away, that's half of the fun!

Brouse these Recycling Fun Facts to get excited about going green.  Your children and grandchildren will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I love yard sales and thrifting. I'm cheap, and always worried about things getting ruined, but when they're 2nd hand I worry less and love them more!

    ReplyDelete